WELCOME

Where love left its traces, it sets hold and never leave

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. What the heart gives away its never gone but kept in the hearts of the others. To truly love another means to let go of all expectations and having full acceptance. In melody divine, my heart beats to rapturous love to call you mine ღ




Profile Viewing ♥
February 24, 2010 @ 8:22 PM

24th February '10

Using this topic to do a late spring clean for my blog is something I was thinking during the holidays. What do you think about Chinese New Year? Do have some comments on this. What do these words - Chinese New Year meant to you? I do not know whether are you seeing or sensing the same thing as me that each Chinese New Year that past are not as good as the previous one. This year I’m spending my New Year eve and the first five days of Chinese New Year at my paternal grandma house. This year, it has been a rather dead New Year compared to last year. The feel of excitement and enthusiasm was absent, so empty. Yes, as like the past, relatives do come for reunion dinner and for this year, there was an increase in the numbers of people but I just cannot get the feel of ‘Hey, its New Year people!’.


I’m just wondering, has the purpose and the understanding of New Year changed through time and generations or was it the thoughts of one change when they grow? Initially, I thought it might just be my problem and also the way I think isn’t the same as others but I found out that it isn’t just my problem. One of my neighbour, she used to have fully packed schedule during New Year in the past with her friends; not that I don’t have a fully packed schedule but mine is to cousins and family but hers is to friends. Anyways coming back to the topic, this year surprisingly she did not even take a step out to the main street other than going to her relatives’ house for visiting.


Here comes another question if you people says that maybe the thoughts of people have changed? Then what is Chinese New Year meant for? Just for all relatives and family members to have a get together session? If it is so, why not just choose any day and why must us only gather during Chinese New Year? Has this become a habit and the only day that everyone can find free time for family members? Then has the habit turn this festive into something that seems meaningless yet a must-to-do and mundane routine annually? These are some of the questions that we must ask ourselves. Especially to us the younger generation, what has Chinese New Year become after all these years?


It all may seem that I’m thinking too much and also that why care? It doesn’t seems to matter much to me and my responsibility now is not think about the purpose, all I need to do is to collect red packets. Coming to think about it, even if it has became a mundane annual routine; why not make it meaningful and happy? So coming back to the very first question, what does Chinese New Year mean to you? I think this is enough for much thinking and reflecting. Hope that you people don’t mind such long and naggy blog post and do post some positive comments about it. Thanks.



Much regards,
Raynz.